…. Did you know it’s a crime not to celebrate Pancake Day? Yeah, you heard me. Shrove Tuesday is 7 sleeps away so you better start thinking about purchasing some flour and eggs, in preparation for one of the years tastiest celebrations.
I love pancakes so much. Any flavour, big, small, fluffy, crepe-like, maple or lemon juice topped. No fussiness here.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
You will also need
2 banana’s for grilling
100 g ricotta
1. Sift the flour, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine 125g ricotta, milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla, mixing well, until smooth.
3. Add the mashed banana to the egg mixture and combine.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until you have a smooth batter.
5. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan, and either spray lightly with oil or melt 1/2 tsp butter in the pan and pour in your desired amount of batter, ideally 1/3 cup.
6. Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
7. Place the pancakes on a plate, cover with foil and keep them warm in the oven on a temperature of 60c, until you’re ready to serve them.
8. Slice the remaining banana lengthways and grill alongside the bacon.
9. Place a pancake on a plate, dollop a spoonful of ricotta on one side and fold the pancake in half. Top with the grilled banana, bacon and maple syrup.