… I’ve been a little pre-occupied this week, so my blog has been neglected! But seeing as it’s Friday, I think another recipe is in order. This one is delicious, I promise! Get your apron’s on everyone, today you’re going to be baking:
1. Heat the oven to 180c/fan 160c.
2. Butter and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin. Beat the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl using an electric hand whisk until pale and creamy.
3. Add the lemon zest (reserving 1/2tsp for the icing) and mix well.
4. Gradually whisk the eggs into the butter mix.
5. Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into the egg and butter mix using a large metal spoon or spatula.
6. Add the ground almonds and 3/4 of the lemon juice and fold until thoroughly combined.
7. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Put the cake tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining lemon juice and zest and enough icing sugar to make a runny icing and then drizzle over the top of the cake. Cool in the tin for a further 30 minutes and ten remove and cool completely before serving
… Now hide somewhere and eat the cake, so you don’t have to share 😉