Finally it’s the weekend! I have just worked 12 days straight and I am exhausted and can feel this cold-flu thingymajig resurfacing, so I plan to take it easy this weekend and feed my body with lots of good food to hopefully boost my immune system.
I made these Creamy Peach Smoothie Bowls a couple of weekends ago, and they were the perfect healthy weekend treat. In fact, they might be just the thing I need this weekend, to feed my body lots of goodness, and it also helps that they are absolutely freakin’ delicious!
As long as you have a blender/smoothie maker/nutribullet, then you’re good to go! They are so easy to make, and the Oat Crumble topping is amazing, so don’t skip that part okay?!
If you like strong flavours, you could go a little more wild on the cinnamon and ginger for that extra kick, or play around with different spices to suit your own taste.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, and happy weekend everyone!
- For the Smoothie:
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup sliced frozen peaches
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Oat Crumble:
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Sliced fresh peaches (or nectarines if you can't find peaches!)
- Sliced fresh figs
- Chopped pistachios
- Fresh mint
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Combine the walnuts, almond flour, oats, maple syrup and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Spread out on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Put the almond milk, peaches, banana, almond butter, maple syrup, ginger and cinnamon into a blend and blitz until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour it into a bowl and place in the freezer.
- Chop up all your toppings, then remove the bowl from the freezer and add the toppings and oat crumble.